The Charles Finney School Nurse's Office
Mrs. Julie Pancio, RN
- Phone: 585-387-3770 x 230.
- Fax: 585-641-0431
From Nurse Pancio:
The COVID -19 pandemic has been a major stress not only to adults but also for the children that we take care of.
State education. realizes the importance of mental health in these difficult times and have have put out a memo http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/schoolhealth/schoolhealthservices/coronavirus/talking-about-covid-19-memo-3-26-2020.pdf that contains helpful information and additional resources for dealing with the anxiety and stress that is associated with this outbreak.
This information addresses the importance of encouraging school staff, students, and their parents to access tools and strategies to help cope with ones psychological well being..
Telemedicine is now being frequently used to deal with medical issues on line and off site. Anyone who feels that they need additional help and support, please utilize your primary care physician and have them help link you with the appropriate expert in the mental health field.
I continue to pray and hope everyone stays safe and healthy.
Julie Pancio RN
Charles Finney School Nurse
- COVID-19 Symptoms
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- How to Safely Wear and Take Off a Cloth Face Covering
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
Questions regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
What can I do to keep from getting sick?
The same steps you take to reduce the spread of flu or other respiratory illnesses are key tools for reducing the spread of coronavirus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (the length of the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end, twice). If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your sleeve or a tissue (then throw the tissue in the trash).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
How can I stay up to date the most recent COVID-19 Information?
Parents can stay up to date on the most recent COVID-19 developments through the following local, state and federal health agencies:
- Monroe County Health Department’s website: https://www2.monroecounty.gov/healthcoronavirus
- New York State Novel Coronavirus Hotline at (888) 364-3065 and website: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
- The CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html